Saturday 6 November 2010

Harry Potter: A Timeline

   Guess who has Harry Potter tickets for the midnight premier!!! Me! Ahh, I'm so excited. Yes I am a Harry Potter nerd. I've read all the books and own every movie. What can I say, I've grown up on this series. In 4th grade me and a friend had a competition to see who could finish reading the The Goblet of Fire first. It was very confusing because having not read any of previous books. For instance I had no idea who Sirius was. But then I was hooked and proceeded to gobble up all of the series.
   The first movie I saw in theaters was The Prisoner of Azkaban when a guy-friend of mine had his birthday party at the movies.(I was such the tomboy in Elementary School) I remember being freaked out by Lupin's transformation into a werewolf. Now I laugh at how cute he looks in wolf form--there's something about the character of Lupin that I'm drawn too; I find him very sexy. Now I know the actor who plays him isn't particularly mouth watering. But if we're talking about just the character--so hott! And David Thewlis does an extraordinary job of portraying him! 
   Then of course I asked for the movie as a birthday present, and at my party me all my girl-friends (sleepover!) piled around the t.v to watch Harry battle dementors.  I distinctly recall proclaiming that Harry was "cute when he got all bloodied-up". My friends laughed and laughed about that. That night still makes me smile.
   Now a faithful fan, I made sure to read the books and then watch the movies. One I never saw in theaters though was The Order of the Phoenix. The entrance of Tonks. Nymphadora Tonks resonates with me greatly. With her punk flavored fashion, strong attitude, ability to kick-ass as an auror, and that fact that she ends up with Lupin; there's no wonder that I find her amazing. In 8th grade I even tried to change me name to hers( identity crisis! lol). As you can guess that didn't work out, and I am now perfectly content with who I am. But it just goes to show how much of a fan I am.
   Speaking of names, I have a list of baby names--provided I ever end up having children. Guess who's on the list? Among others: Luna, Nymphadora, Sirius, Remus, and Bellatrix( you have to admit she has an awesome name even if she's a Death Eater) 
   My first midnight premier was The Half-Blood Prince. What an amazing experience.My sisters and I arrived at 9:00 just to get good seats. Settling down I opened up the book to keep myself entertained( I started re-reading a couple of weeks before. Something I plan to do this year.) Then before the lights dimmed some people performed a skit involving Voldemort. I don't remember all the details, but know I laughed so hard. More laughs ensued when Dumbledore came out of the bathroom with a home-improvement magazine and Harry tried to pick up a girl. Honestly midnight premiers are the best showings because the audience gets so into it.
   So here's to this years midnight premier; may it be truly astonishing!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment